Sears Building on Flickr.
Sears, Roebuck & Co. opened this gigantic retail store and warehouse on Ponce de Leon Avenue in 1926. It was still being used as a warehouse until 1989. The city of Atlanta occupied a small portion of the building from 1991 to 2008. An ambitious plan to revitalize the building was announced around 2004. But, as of 2010, the belly of the monster was still empty.